Saturday 27 October 2012

27 October 2012

Woke up this moning to a dusting of snow (snow for heaven's sake!  What is up with THAT?!) on the stone walls I can see from my bedroom window.  UGH!  So I pulled the duvet over my head and went back to sleep...  It's no wonder I don't get much done!

I'm back to 83 lbs lost so I've almost undone the damage from my holiday.  Yippee!  I really hate this new schedule!  There are only 6 of us in my group now; 4 of them get to work the old 4-on-4-off (the good schedule) while 2 of us are stuck on the crap schedule until we get certified on the extra duties.  The schedule is listed as F1 (7-3) and F2 (3-11); some people say the 'F' stands for 'Flex' while others say it stands for 'Flight'.  As far as I'm concerned, they're all wrong--that 'F' stands for 'F*CKED'!  Amazingly, my co-worker really likes this schedule, which alarmed me but I've since found out that I can get certified and go back on the good schedule regardless of what he's doing (or not doing) so I feel a little better about it.

We also have a new (very stupid) performance maagement system, which they implemented after we had started the year on the old system--and with no training!  What on earth were they thinking!?  As the years have gone by, management knows less and less about what we do on a daily basis--so the burden of writing the review falls more and more on the employee.  What a crock!  We have reached the point where the review is an effort in creative writing--and I don't like it!

But I did have some good happen this week :-)  I had an appointment on Tuesday at the Harrogate Hospital to have a growth on my cheek, near my eye, looked at.  It's apparently some kind of 'viral wart' (whatever that means), so it's not skin cancer and they weren't real busy that day so they removed it.  Yippee!  They warned me the local anesthetic would give me a black eye--and it did--so now I have to decide on my story:  Did my manager hit me or did one of my co-workers?  It's a tough decision.  I'm leaning towards my manager, although one of my co-workers is probably bit more believable.

Jeff and I are heading for Powys Castle tomorrow.  It's just a 3-hour drive, so very doable even with the shortening daylight this time of year.  Hopefully tomorrow will be as nice as today....

No comments:

Post a Comment