Sunday 21 October 2012

21 October 2012

OK, I admit it--I've been somewhat remiss with the blog since getting home from my holiday.  But I've been REAL busy!!  [That's my story and I'm sticking to it...]

I returned to Harrogate on Wednesday afternoon.  It had just rained but it was real nice when I got in.  I took a taxi home, started a load of laundry and headed out to run a few errands.  Went to Sainsbury's (fat-free creme fraiche) and Waitrose (tsar sliced smoked salmon) and then headed to the base.  I could see lightening flashing off towards Skipton, which is pretty unusual.  When I came out of the APO, I could hear thunder rumbling and by the time I got to the commissary (a distance of less than 5 minutes), it was pouring down rain!  Silly weather!  I took the groceries home and went to the Baths, then came home and went to bed.

The next morning, I overslept so I was a few minutes late to work.  Got thru the next 2 very busy days at work and went to see the Hairy Bikers at the Harrogate Royal Hall.  It was pretty good, although a little strange--travel, comedy and cooking.  The program (L5) even had some interesting recipes in it which I mean to try.  I have to say that I don't understand their fascination with dressing up in women's frocks...

Saturday was pretty nice.  We had tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the Nottingham Capital FM Arena and it was fabulous!  The tickets said 1900, which I foolishly assumed was the time the show started...  The doors opened at 1900 but the show didn't start until 2000.  I'm glad I didn't know that because parking was a hassle at 1820 when we arrived.  The show finished at 2230 and it was a nightmare at the parking garage, so we went back to this little Indian place (Anoki) we had passed for a late supper.  Apparently, great minds think alike because Andrew Lloyd Webber and the cast were also having a late supper there!  The place does a 2-for-1 deal on entrees after 1030 pm and I had a very diet-friendly Tandoori Chicken Tikka that was excellent.  It was all so much fun that I think we're going to get tickets to the arena show of We Will Rock You in March '13--and have supper at Anoki after.

Today, I finished booking the Christmas Market trip, so that's all set.  And I'm almost back to my pre-holiday weight, so life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment